This website is the property of LV GROUP Limited trading as LV PROPERTY registered to 157c Warstone Lane, Jewellery Quarter, B18 6NZ. By using this website you agree that you consent to and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
Copyright and Trade Marks
The content of this website are © LV PROPERTY. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions:
Licence to re-copy for Limited Purposes:
1) You acknowledge LV PROPERTY as the source of the material. You must include such acknowledgement and the LV PROPERTY web address (www.lvproperty.co.uk) in the copy of the material, and
2) You must inform the third party that all the Terms and Conditions set out herewith apply to him/her and that he/she is bound by them.
This license to re-copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work, publication, or website whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of LVs website, including but not limited, to photographs, property details, virtual tours and/or floorplans may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. You may not frame this website without the express consent of LV. The LV PROPERTY logo is a trade mark registered in the name of LV PROPERTY in the UK and other parts of the world. Reproduction of this trade mark other than in order to view this website is prohibited.
LV PROPERTY takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit this website.
LV PROPERTY makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it, including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Further more, neither LV PROPERTY nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free. Nothing on this website shall be regarded or taken as financial advice.
The user confirms that the terms and conditions and use of this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and that any and all disputes arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
LV PROPERTY is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the real estate industry is a target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to National Crime Agency (NCA)
As part of this commitment we adopt a strict compliance of all applicable Anti Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Terrorism Act 2000.
LV PROPERTY’s policy commitment is applicable to all our customers, including vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants. As a result we obtain and hold for a period of at least five years evidence pertaining to our customers’ identity and, where appropriate, we obtain proof of ownership of property and source/ destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers’ identity will be subject to an electronic identity check, which may also include a credit check.
For a full list of acceptable identity documents –
Individual identity documents
We will require one document from List A and one recent document from List B dated within the past 3 months
LIST A – IDENTITY DOCUMENT
- Current signed passport
- Valid UK driving licence
- EEA member state identity card
LIST B – PROOF OF ADDRESS
- Utility bill
- Mortgage statement
- Bank / building society statement
- Valid UK driving licence (if not used for List A as ID)
- State pension benefits book
- Home or motor insurance certificate
- Current local authority tax bill / tenancy agreement
- Solicitors letter confirming house purchased/ land registration
- NHS Medical card
If you are acting as a Representative of a UK Company we will also require the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
- Latest Annual Return or Confirmation Statement, with details of current company officers
- If offshore, nominee director declaration and a general power of attorney
- Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company
LV PROPERTY is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
LV PROPERTY is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
How we get Information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you as follows:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, username, password, financial details, and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
Information we may collect from you.
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet;
- Information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you visit any other websites which we operate or use any services which we provide.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet.
- We are also working with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
How we use your information
How we will use information you give us:
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
How we will use information we collect about you:
In addition to the purposes listed above, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties);
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (including via selected third parties).
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
- Alexander Hall Associates Limited Mortgage Brokers (where you have consented for us to do so)
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If LV GROUP Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of its transferred assets;
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
Where we store your information
The information we collect from or about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By using our website, or otherwise submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. LV PROPERTY will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless it has been proved that we have been negligent. We do not accept any responsibility for the protection of information or images provided to third party online sites that link to or from our website.
Your information will be held for at least six years for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes and thereafter for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes at:
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
Access to Your Information
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store you information; or the criteria used to determine that period;
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form;
- To rectification or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for LV PROPERTY processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources;
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you;
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we are take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, LV PROPERTY, 157c Warstone Lane, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham City Centre, B18 6NZ or by emailing email@example.com. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
If you are not satisfied about the way in which your information is handled you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Rectifying or Updating your information
You must ensure that any information you provide to us is correct and complete. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, LV PROPERTY, 157c Warstone Lane, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham City Centre, B18 6NZ
Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in the control of LV PROPERTY. If this feature is requested, LV PROPPERTY will prompt you to provide your permission to access your location data for the purposes of providing you with results or directions based on your current location. You can disable location settings within your browser or app.
Cookies and tracking
The LV PROPERTY website and applications may collect anonymous data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
LV PROPERTY use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. No data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information) is tracked, collected or uploaded. LV PROPERTY may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
How to contact LV PROPERTY
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Terms and conditions for landlords
Standard Term of Business
In these terms, the following expressions will be deemed to have the following meanings –
- ‘’LVP’’ Means LV GROUP LTD a limited company registered in the UK and trading as LV PROPERTY
- ‘’Client’’ means the person, firm or company to whom LVP are to provide services in accordance with these terms and conditions in this contract.
- ‘’Terms & Conditions’’ means these terms and conditions and the letter/email of confirmation of instruction to LVP.
- AST Means assured short hold tenancy agreement.
- LVP take on all instruction as per the terms of business sent over in this contract only, any email correspondence will have to authorized by the company director.
3.1 Fees are to be paid to LVP as set out in this document and the rate agreed and clearly shown in this agreement.
3.2 Fees are payable to LVP if during the instruction any parties are introduced either directly or indirectly that completes a tenancy, lease or agreement lease to lease with the client or who subsequently takes a property whilst LVP are still instructed to market the property.
3.3 (Sole Agency Contract) You will be required to pay remuneration to us, in addition to any other costs or charges agreed, if at any time this property is let out or advertised with another agent whilst in contract with LVP
3.4 With a tenant introduced by LVP during that period of our sole agency or with whom we had negotiations about the property during any period.
3.5 or with a tenant introduced by another agent or intermediary during that period.
3.6 Sole agency agreement means that the client cannot enter into or allow another agent to market this property. If you instruct another agent whilst in contract with LVP, you will be in breach of this contract and you will be liable to pay the fees stated in the termination section of this contract.
3.7 AST contract renewal fees are charged at 25% plus vat of the monthly rental. Renewals will be carried out automatically before or after the contract expires. Clients will need to inform LVP in writing if they do not wish to renew the AST. LVP will decide on whether the rental will remain the same.
3.8 Clients to receive the rental stated in this contract on page 1, this figure maybe reduced depending on market conditions. Our management fee will be linked to the marketing price of the property and any additional rental above this figure will be paid to LVP as the management fee.
4.1 The rental price cannot be changed above the asking price once contracts have been signed unless agreed with the LVP in writing.
4.2 LVP are instructed to sign the tenancy agreement on behalf of the client.
4.3 All rentals payments are paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month and any additional days will be held by the agent unless stated otherwise in writing.
4.4 The client cannot take the property off management whilst in contract with LVP or advertise this with another agent, in doing so they will be in breach of our sole agency agreement and will be expected to pay our fee’s in clause 8.
- Payment of fees
5.1 Fees are payable once the property is let and fees are deducted as the rent is paid to the client from the first month’s rental. Set up fees are payable at the start of each new tenancy and management fees are deducted monthly. Tenancy renewal fees are payable whenever we are instructed to draw up a new tenancy agreement.
5.2 LVP reserve the right to deduct any outstanding payments that fall due under this contract from the rent.
5.3 LVP will not be held liable for late rental payments and arrears. All costs associated with collecting arrears will be charged to the client. Costs associated with legal fees, void periods, council tax charges and all payments in relation to the property will be the clients responsibility.
5.4 Any legal charges associated with claiming our fees will be payable by the client.
5.5 Fees will be reviewed annually and may be changed at the agent’s discretion with 1 months’ notice.
6.1 The client agrees that all information provided by the client / their professional advisors about this property is complete and correct and that the client herby undertakes to indemnify LVP and to keep LVP indemnified against any losses, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees on a solicitor and own client’s basis, arising out of or by virtue of the client’s instruction’s to LVP or by default or negligence on behalf of LVP. This agreement is subject to the terms and conditions of business as stated our website www.lvproperty.co.uk
6.2 LVP shall further be entitled to assume, when instructed on the rental of the property –
- All information provided as to the ownership of the property is complete and correct and that there are no encumbrances, or unduly onerous or usual easements, restrictions, outgoings or conditions attached to the property.
- Landlord understands that we offer either a membership via a 3rd party company (In house concierge limited) or deposit on all of our properties.
6.2.2 This contract is for a period of 12 months. This contract will automatically renew itself at month 11. Clients with more than one property are covered under one agreement for their portfolio.
6.2.3 EPCs & Gas certificates are the clients responsibility, and these should be provided upon instructing LVP. Gas safety checks will be carried out automatically every 12 months and payment will be deducted from the rental.
6.2.4 On all managed properties any maintenance work required will be the clients responsibility, we require authorization for works to be carried out in a set time period. The client also agrees to allow LVP to carry out any works up to the amount stated in this contract without authorization. Where by clients fail to respond within 24 hours to any maintenance issues, LVP will carry out the works without written or verbal consent and deduct the amount from the rental. Upon the tenants vacating If any works are required, these will need to be actioned by LVP’s contractors and any works carried by the client or their contractors will not be covered.
6.2.5 All maintenance works will be carried by LVP’s contractors.
6.2.6 We only offer tenants the option of either a deposit or membership via a 3rd party company when they chose a property subject to reference & credit checks. With the membership the client will be covered by the 3rd party company for any damages up to the sum of
2 weeks rental. The membership will not cover rental arrears. The membership will remain in place as long as LV PROPERTY are –
- The managing agent of the property.
- Let only basis whereby we have been informed in writing 1 month before the tenant vacates the property.
- Instructed to re-let the property.
6.2.7 Maintenance works – All works carried out will be done so by LVP’s chosen contactors, the client is able to obtain quotes only. LVP will make the final decision on what work will be carried out at the end of each tenancy by liaising with the tenants. All works will need to be agreed in writing by our finance director.
6.2.8 Sale of property & sole agency rights – Should you wish to sell this property, or any other property managed by LVP, we shall have the sole selling rights (please request our sales agreement) all sales must go through our division. In the event a private buyer is found, or another agent is used our fee will become payable. (Professional sales fee is 3% plus VAT of the marketing price)
- General Data Protection Regulations(GDRP)
The Data Protection Act 1998 will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulations on 25 May 2018
may ask for some personal details from its staff and volunteers. This ensures that we can contact you and take account of your Health & Safety.
LVP take our responsibility for looking after information seriously. We follow the data Protection Act at all times when asking for or handling your information including:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processed only for the purpose(s) for which it was collected
- Data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Data is accurate and kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary
- Data is kept secure against unauthorized access and loss or damage.
- Termination – Notice of Cancellation
8.1 Notice of Cancellation Rights (if applicable) The termination of LVP’s appointment shall not affect any rights accrued by any party prior to that date.
8.2 Any party may terminate LVP’s appointment by giving 6 months’ notice to the other party in writing or immediately if the other party:
- i) Has a receiver or an administrative receiver appointed over all or any parts of its assets.
- ii) Passes a resolution to wind up or has a liquidator appointed.
- iv) The client requests LVP to sell the property as a sole agent.
8.3 This agreement may not be terminated by the client while a tenant introduced or managed by LVP is in occupation of the property by doing so you will be liable for the fees in the termination section below.
8.4 By agreeing to our terms and conditions you accept our way of doing business and any way in which we conduct our day to day business, this also includes our method referencing potential tenants. We have the overall right to accept or reject a tenant based upon there reference / credit checks.
On termination of our instructions you may be liable to pay us any outstanding disbursements and expenses including 2 months rental plus the management fee on the unexpired months remaining. This will be payable via the rental or directly via the client at the point of termination.
If you choose to cancel this contract, your cancellation will be effective from the time your cancellation notice is posted or sent to the address set out above or, in the case of email, on the day it is sent. A cancellation notice may be in any form provided it is in writing, but if you decide to cancel this agreement you may wish to use the attached cancellation notice form.
LV GROUP Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered number 11173230). Our registered office is at 157c Warstone Lane, Jewellery Quarter, B18 6NZ